вторник, 21 октября 2008 г.

alzeihmers




For those who donapos;t know:�I am doing a Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc), which is a three-year degree that allows you to take up professions such as a forensic pathologist or hospital manager. However, you also have the possibility of entering third year of the MBBCh programme (which is the "real deal" that makes you a doctor at the end) after completion of the BHSc. This was/is my plan.

But, now. Tuition fees for foreigners are of astronomic dimensions, and I want to become a doctor whatever happens. The only reason why I am doing�a BHSc is because I wasnapos;t accepted for the MBBCh programme, probably a result of my average high school marks.
First year BHSc is exactly the same as first year MBBCh, and I�want to be transferred to enter MBBCh next year (my second year). Iapos;ve asked at Medical School whether this is possible but they declined.
I then spoke to Peter Owen, who is one of Children of Fireapos;s trustees, a medical professor and close friends with the assistant Dean of Students, Ahmed Wadee. He is also one of the kindest, most clued-up medics I�know and has helped me with my research project and many other things.
Anyway, he suggested I appeal to the Dean of Students, Helen Laburn, directly. He said heapos;d spoken to Ahmed Wadee on my behalf several times but he didnapos;t want to hear of it. He also suggested that I�ask to be considered by the "Special Cases committee" seen as there is no regular way of transferring between programmes.

I then wrote an emotive letter, addressed to Helen Laburn, that explained my situation.�I added that I have good marks and that Iapos;ve presented a paper at an international conference as well as published two articles, and hope that she is impressed by that.

Today I followed up with them and even though I didnapos;t speak to Helen Laburn personally, her assistant sounded helpful and there was no definite "no"�yet.

She is going to call me tomorrow and my heart is pounding.�I hope Iapos;ll be successful.

advice on changing career, alzeihmers, alzeihmers australia, alzeihmers dementia, alzeihmers disease.



Комментариев нет: